Sunday, February 7, 2010

Open Elective.. Fountain Pen

My open elective was Objects of Desire:Writing instruments. I had a lot of hopes from the elective but it ended up only viewing a few catalogs and brochures of expensive pens ! I though made a fountain pen out of rosewood. It was a nice experience working in the workshops. I made the carvings with hand,searched the entire market for 2 days for just a small green colored bead... which i did not got till end. My theme was INDIAN OCEAN. The characteristics which I tried to hightlight through my pen are as follows-
  1. Indian ocean is the 3rd largest ocean.
  2. It is the only ocean named after a country.
  3. It is the only ocean with green waters.
  4. The ocean has plenty of CORALs and splendid life forms.






No comments:

Post a Comment